MAKE IN INDIA...
If you’re looking to expand your manufacturing capacity, you’re a retailer seeking new markets, a supplier in health, rail or infrastructure – India may have just become a very attractive option for you.
The government is offering 100% foreign direct investment and 100% tax exemption in critical sectors.
WHO COULD BENEFIT
Businesses that could benefit include those in: defence, medical, telecoms, single-brand retail, petroleum refining, tea plantation, credit, reconstruction, railway infrastructure and all the areas detailed below.
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT (FDI)
Click here to find more about FDI Policies
- 100% allowed in the telecom, single-brand retail sector, and defence.
- FDI in commodity exchanges, stock exchanges & depositories, power exchanges, petroleum refining by PSUs, courier services under the government route has now been brought under the automatic route.
- Removal of restriction in tea plantation sector
• FDI limit raised to 74% in credit information & 100% in asset reconstruction companies.
- Foreign portfolio Investment up to 24% permitted under the automatic route.
- Specific activities of railway sector opened to 100% FDI under automatic route.
Tax Exemptions Eligible Business in the following areas:
- Investments in the North Eastern region can attract 10 years zero rate
- 5 years zero rate for Hotel and conference centre developments in certain districts and for offshore banks under certain conditions
- Infrastructure facilities eg roads, rail, toll roads, bridges, transmission or distribution lines, gas pipelines, airports water distribution etc etc can attain 10 years 100% exemption within first 15 years of operation.
- Integrated business of handling, storage, and transportation of food grains.
- In key ‘backward’ districts tax holidays of up to 5 years, followed by partial tax exemptions of 30% can be available for housing projects, scientific research, commercial production or refining of mineral oils, setting up and operating a cold chain for agricultural produce, rural hospitals, preserving and packaging fruits and vegetable.
Click here to find more about Tax Exemptions
|Contact the AGN Firm best prepared to provide further information:
SHANKARLAL JAIN & ASSOCIATES CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
Contact Person: Mr. Satish Jain | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Phone: Tel:- 00 91 22 22036623 / 22065739 | Firm website: www.sljainindia.com
AGN International Ltd is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales, number 3132548, registered office at 24 Greville Street, London EC1N 8SS, United Kingdom.
AGN International Ltd (and its regional affiliates; together "AGN") is a not-for-profit worldwide membership association of separate and independent accounting and advisory businesses. AGN does not provide services to the clients of its members, which are provided by Members alone. AGN and its Members are not in partnership together, they are neither agents of nor obligate one another, and they are not responsible or liable for each other's services, actions or inactions.
This communication is generic in nature, for general information only and does not constitute professional advice. It should not be relied upon in arriving at any decision, and no responsibility is accepted. Salient facts should be verified and professional advice should be taken before taking or refraining from any course of action.
Copyright © 2015 AGN International Ltd, All rights reserved. You are receiving this because you are a member of AGN International Ltd