Special Training Session for Managing Partners, Partners, and Operational Leaders
AGN's new Executive Leadership Workshops (ELW) are designed to help our firm leaders sharpen their personal skills and lead a firm poised for future success. The first workshop was held in conjuction with the 2017 NARM in June. The second workshop is conveniently held in conjunction with this year's 2017 Practice Management Conference. While this program was designed as a two-part series, participation in one or both sessions is advisable. The program is facilitated by Brad Self of Clark Schaefer Hackett, a top 100 firm that has garnered national recognition for culture, leadership development, talent management, and employee engagement initiatives.
Leading Through Relationships
Today’s executive leaders must be partners with their people. They cannot lead solely based on positional power. As a leader or leader in the making, we have the incredible opportunity to bring out the best in people. To do this we must draw out the best in ourselves. Leaders and managers are not the same. While leaders may be effective managers, not all managers can rightfully be called leaders. Individuals who are leaders inspire, motivate, and energize people with their clear visions and strategies towards a shared goal. Main stream and traditional managers are short term oriented and are concerned with the day to day activities. They are efficient at organizing, allocating, controlling, and monitoring resources. Managers do things right, but leaders do the right things. As a leader, you discern the right course, set the pace, influence others to follow, and inspire them to excellence and success.
Effective leadership plays the most important part in the success of any company or firm. In this program you will learn how to “lift the lid” of your personal leadership abilities and enable your company or firm to grow beyond their current level. The higher leaders rise, the higher you will take the organization and ensure long term success for our organization.
This AGN Leadership Program is designed to help you identify behaviors, assess your abilities, and develop a plan for improvement. This interactive program will assess your current leadership level, integrate the laws of leadership and create a Leadership Action Plan that you can take and apply to your daily practices. The program is designed to equip you with the simple yet powerful principles, values and laws of leadership that can bring about positive behavioral changes to enhance your leadership effectiveness.
Introduction and Review
• What is True Leadership
• Personal Values: (continue this discussion)
• How Do We Grow as a Leader - The Gap Trap
• The Four Steps of Influence/Leadership
• Principles of the Four Steps
• Who Do You Influence/Lead
Step 2: Build Relationships
• Permission Level Leadership (build relationships)
• Relationship Assessment - How to Develop Relationships with Critical People
• Connection Through Dialogue and Understanding - Art of Questioning Exercise
• Connecting Actions
- Leadership Functions on the Basis of Trust
- The Law of Solid Ground
- Emotional Bank Account
- Trust Taxes and Dividends
- Trust / Integrity Case Study
- What Does No Trust Look Like?
- 13 Behaviors of High Trust
Step 3: Get Results
- Achieve Results Through the Effective Management of Relationships
- Pareto Principle (80/20 rule)
- Achieving Optimal Results with the Right People
Step 4: Growing Others
- What are you doing for the people in your firm?
- People Do What They See
- The Five Step Equipping Process