2017 North American Regional Meeting (NARM)
June 20 - 22, 2017 | Omni William Penn Hotel | Pittsburgh, PA
Focusing on the Future.... and Forward
AGN North America invites you and your colleagues to join us for our 2017 North American Regional Meeting… with a special focus on what’s next for our firms, our profession and our world. As part of the strategic plan outlined by the AGN North American Board in October, we are helping our members to not only look into the future but share strategies and concepts to help them survive and thrive well into the next decade. From technology to innovation to economics, we will address many of the key issues (and opportunities) for today’s firms.
[View our full agenda]
What’s new this year?
In the spirit of being “excellent”, “connected” and “individual”, this year is all about connecting our members. Across geographic borders and across specialties. Technologically and personally. With our association and with one another. We’ve built this year’s meeting to provide more opportunities to build relationships and friendships with fellow AGN members. Here are a few other small adjustments that you might notice…
• New time of year and new colleagues. With over 20 new member firms, we have adjusted this year’s date to accommodate the Canadian holiday schedule. We are very excited to welcome the new firms from the north, as well as our new members from across the region.
• More shared thought leadership. We will have both an opening and closing joint keynote that brings together all attendees. This allows multiple firm leaders to hear key information regarding the future of the profession and the economic outlook for our region.
• New Executive Leadership Workshop. As part of AGN’s newly redesigned leadership program, we are offering a one-day session presented by Brad Self of Clark Schaefer Hackett for partners and operational leaders on “Personal Leadership Effectiveness”.
• More specialized tracks. Not only do we have a US Tax track this year, we have also added a Canadian Technical Track to our event, including both assurance and tax insight to those who have client interests in the country.
• Up-front pricing. To make it easier for you to budget and plan, this year we are letting members know the cost of the event before they register, and collecting payment prior to the kickoff. No more guesswork… and we now take credit cards!
• Included social events. Building relationships is one of the most important and valuable benefits of membership, and we want to encourage everyone to attend. We’ve included the social events in our price to make it easier to register and plan your trip.
• More best practices sharing. This year we have scheduled in more “ideas worth stealing” sessions to guarantee the valuable take-aways that you can’t get anywhere else.
• An elevated look at sponsorships. These “resource partners” will interact more as educated peers than as salespeople, and we encourage you to interact and share questions and feedback with them throughout the meeting.
• Getting in the (Pirates) game. The Pirates aren’t in town for our annual baseball game, but we are taking it up a notch and taking everyone to the stadium for a tour and a go around the batting cages. Be sure to wear a cap from your favorite baseball team to show off your loyalty!
Tried and True Staples
There is a lot about the NARM that is not changing. For those that have attended year after year, we want to keep the special AGN spirit of sharing and collaboration alive for many years to come! As always, you can expect…
• Technical tracks with some of your favorite presenters allowing for in-depth training, peer discussion, and CPE.
• The unveiling of the AGN North American Financial Survey, and related discussions.
• Plenty of opportunity to interact with your AGN peers.
• Outstanding social activities throughout the city of Pittsburgh.
• Top-notch speakers and best-practices member sharing.
• A warm welcome and locally-themed activity for our spouses.
• Study group meetings and New Managing Partner activities.
We would like to extend a special thank you to our host firm Sisterson & Co., for their assistance and support with this event. The firm is delighted to share why they are so proud of their city, and will be welcoming us all with an opening reception at the Duquesne Club on Tuesday evening.
We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues in Pittsburgh!
Questions about this event? Please contact Patsy Bowen.