Introducing Foundational Skills
One of the strongest benefits to AGN members over the years has been the technical training we offer at the beginning of a career. We are very proud to say that we have had a role in the development of several hundred professionals within our member firms.
The AGN Foundational Skills (formerly Staff Training) program has always provided a variety of benefits, but now, with the collaboration of Clark Schaefer Hackett
, and AuditSense
, we have enhanced it to fit the needs of today’s young talent as well as our member firms.
This new curriculum is focused on creating excellent accountants as well as excellent leaders. We are training the next generation of partners, and by blending professional skills with the technical at the earliest levels, we are creating a level of critical thought, ownership and responsibility that is necessary to succeed. Each level will address important technical topics and trends, whether tax or audit, and will also dedicate time to key professional skillsets, like time management, business development, project management and more.
Foundational Skills 1
Training starts on the first day of work. It is imperative that you surround new team members with your firm’s unique culture and introduce the resources available to them on a daily basis. We understand that means that often the firm-specific information on systems, processes and the location of the bathrooms is intermixed with more general technical and soft skills content.
That is why AGN and Clark Schaefer Hackett have created a complimentary Guide to Level 1 Foundational Skills
for you to implement within your firm. Whether you’re doing this for two people or twenty, you can use this comprehensive outline to ensure that you’re touching on all of the key topics during your onboarding process. Additionally, you’ll be preparing your staff members for the upcoming levels in the AGN: ADVANCE Foundational Skills
program, setting their mindset and expectations for future training.
Please feel free to alter our suggestions and tailor them to your firm. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to share!
Foundational Skills 2
[FORMERLY KNOWN AS STAFF TRAINING LEVEL 2]
Nov. 5 - 9, 2017 - Cincinnati, OH
COST: Audit - $1,425 per person | Tax - $1,425 per person
(Above costs do not include airfare, hotel, and ground transportation)
AGN is utilizing the services of AuditSense
for the audit class, and Surgent
for the tax class. This will include the audit and tax technical content currently covered in AGN's Staff Training Program. New this year is the additional day of business development and soft skills training.
Arrive Sunday, November 5 in time for the reception at 7:30 pm.
Class will be from 8 am - 5 pm November 6, 7, 8, and 9
Firms are responsible for booking their own hotel and flights. To book hotels, please visit the corresponding link on the Hotel tab.
Professionals with at least 2 years of public accounting experience: Audit - Staff Associate; Tax - Future Tax Specialist
CPE hrs./Field of Study:
24 hrs in Auditing, 10 hrs. in Professional/Business Development | Tax:
24 hrs. in Taxes, 10 hrs. Professional/Business Development
|Learning Objectives (Audit):
• Understanding the differences between marketing, sales, client development
• Identify personal brand though creating a personal brand strategy map
• Assess current relationships and identify what relationships are critical to your success
• List, define and understand key terms of the Audit Process
• Describe the interrelationship between audit assertion and procedures
• Describe the building blocks to an audit and the purpose of each
• Prepare workpapers in accordance with the documentation standard
• Describe the importance of and uses of inquiry during an audit
• Explain how to perform and document a substantive analytical procedure
• Understand the purpose and use of the Statement of Cash Flows
|Learning Objectives (Tax):
• Master in detail the preparation of Form 2210 and the other potential issues such as alternative minimum tax, personal holding company, and accumulated earnings
• Understand major issues in preparing partnership Form 1065 and S corporation Form 1120S
• Understand compensation issues, fringe benefits, and tax credits
• Business development and soft skills training.
Registration & Hotel Reservations Deadline:
Friday, October 6, 2017